School of Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi,
Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India (175001)
- CVD growth of 1-D and 2D materials for supercapacitor applications.
- Electron Microscopy
- Superhydrophobic nano structures for smart surfaces.
- M.Tech-B.Tech dual degree (Integrated) in Nanotechnology (University of Rajasthan)
Academic & Research Experience
- CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, India, as Research Fellow
- DRDO- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, Maharashtra, India as Research Fellow
- DAE- Indiar Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam, Tamilnadu, India as Project Trainee
- Piyush Avasthi, Viswanath Balakrishnan,Electroless Growth of High Surface Area Au Dendrites with Corrugated Edge Structure for Hybrid Supercapacitor Applications, ChemistrySelect 2018, 3, 3866 – 3870
- Piyush Avasthi, Davinder Singh, B. Viswanath, In situ nanomechanical properties of gold (111) microplates grown on silicon (100) substrate, under progress
- Saravanan Muthiah, Ramesh C Singh, Baldev P Pathak, Piyush Kumar Avasthi, Rishikesh Kumar, Anil Kumar, Avanish kumar Srivastava and Ajay Dhar, Significant enhancement in thermoelectric performance of nanostructured higher manganese silicide synthesized employing melt spinning technique, Nanoscale, 2017